Do you want to become a member of UAK?
Admission of new singers to UAK normally takes place at the beginning of each autumn term following an admission test. As a member of UAK, you should have good singing and choir experience and good sheet music reading skills. The choir has a fixed number of seats in each part, however we can sometimes offer longer or shorter temporary positions, which can be a good way to get acquiainted with UAK. The choir has regular rehearsals every Monday evening in the academic semesters. It is also common to add one or two rehearsal days in weekends leading up to concerts.
Read more about the audition
Apply for joining UAK by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are also welcome to email the same address if you have any questions.
Your application should include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Part (soprano, alto, tenor or bass; first or second part)
- Previous choir singing experience. Briefly describe which choirs or ensembles you sing/have sung in, other singing experience, etc.
We look forward to receiving your application!
About the audition
The audition includes the following parts:
- a song of your own choice, a cappella
- vocal range
- aural skills/pitch
- sheet music reading with an emphasis on learning ability
- ensemble singing ("Uti vår hage" in Hugo Alfvén's arrangement for mixed choir).
The audition committee consists of UAK's conductor and a few members of the choir.