History

The Academy Chamber Choir of Uppsala was founded in 1957 by the musicologist Folke Bohlin in cooperation with Eric Ericson, who also became its first conductor. In the beginning the choir was associated with the Norrland student club in Uppsala and later got its current name in 1964. The conductors succeeding Eric Ericson were Dan-Olof Stenlund and Anders Eby. Since 1983 the choir is led by Stefan Parkman.